Amarillo Baptist Saint Anthony's sale finalizesAmarillo Baptist Saint Anthony's sale finalizeshttps://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/newstalk-texas/?Item=86652013-01-04T12:01:00Z2013-01-04T08:00:00Z

AMARILLO - Expansion at Baptist St. Anthony's (BSA) Hospital, 1600 Wallace Blvd., can move forward now that the purchase of the 445-bed hospital was finalized.

Ardent Health Services now owns 80 percent of BSA and Baptist Community Services owns the other 20 percent.

Ardent of Nashville, Tenn., plans to invest $125 million in the hospital over the next five years.

As part of the new joint venture, Ardent Health Services will:

  • Preserve the BSA mission, name and management team.
  • Invest $50 million into two specific projects — construction of a new expanded emergency room, and
    build a new, state-of-the-art cancer center that will replace the Harrington Cancer Center.
  • Invest an additional $75 million into BSA over the next five years for additional services, new equipment and technology.
  • Guarantee all employees are hired and that benefits and compensation will remain essentially the same.
  • Endorse and support the current charity care policies of BSA and the Harrington Cancer Center.

 Read more at New Channel 10 and Business Wire.

Amarillo Globe-News
Read more at {Source}

 Search NewsTalk Texas