IRVING - Whole Foods Market has announced plans to open its first store in Irving. The 45,000-sf store will anchor a new 85,000-sf shopping center at the southwest corner of President George Bush Turnpike (SH 161) and N. MacArthur Blvd. in Las Colinas.
Construction on the 12-acre shopping center will begin this month and the store is scheduled to open by fall 2016.
Whole Foods has been aggressively expanding its North Texas store count in recent years and now has ten stores in the Dallas area. Another five stores, including this one announced today, are in the works.
Here are the opening dates for previously announced stores in development:
• Uptown Dallas at McKinney Ave. and Routh St. in summer 2015
• Frisco in the Forum at Wade Park at the Dallas North Tollway and Lebanon Rd. in fall 2015
• Fort Worth at Bryant Irvin Rd. and Arborlawn Dr. spring 2016
• Richardson in the CityLine development at Plano Rd. and Renner Rd. in spring 2016
• Irving at SH 161 and MacArthur in fall 2016
Our twice-weekly e-newsletter provides a quick overview of Texas real estate markets. Because your time is valuable.