EL PASO - El Paso is the fifth-best city for snowbirds looking for nice weather, affordable and available apartments, according to Apartments.com's annual list of the "top 14 cities for snowbirds and retirees."
Apartments.com evaluated the following factors:
• median age: A population indicator that offers opportunities for friendship with peers
• average cost and availability of two-bedroom apartments: affordable living options with room for family visitors
• median income: an indicator of a thriving economy
• weather: only includes cities with at least a 60 percent average of days of sunshine annually
• key amenities: flexible leasing options for short- or long-term stays, plus air conditioning
El Paso's average rent for a two-bedroom apartment was $837, however, its young population likely hurt its ranking.
Plano ranked twelfth with rent for a two-bedroom apartment averaging $1,233.
Our twice-weekly e-newsletter provides a quick overview of Texas real estate markets. Because your time is valuable.