License required to lease land for huntingLicense required to lease land for huntinghttps://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/newstalk-texas/?Item=176582017-09-05T05:00:00Z2017-09-05T15:00:00Z

​​​​COLLEGE STATION – Reminder to Texas landowners: Under Texas law, a landowner leasing private property for hunting in return for any type of compensation is required to obtain a hunting lease license from Texas Parks and Wildlife (TPW).

This is separate from a hunting license that the hunter must possess. Three types of licenses for landowners are available.

Hunting lease license. This is for an individual landowner.

Hunting cooperative lease license. If a group of landowners wishes to form a hunting cooperative, they must have a written agreement including their names and the total number of acres owned by each landowner. This must be attached to the hunting cooperative lease license application.

Wildlife management association area hunting license. To obtain this license, two or more tracts that are contiguous or near each other have to be designated as a wildlife management association by the TPW. Landowners must agree to release information about the wildlife to TPW.

For landowners who own properties in different counties, if the properties are noncontiguous, separate licenses must be obtained. If, however, the property is contiguous, only one license is required.

Licenses must be displayed on the hunting lease.

For more information about leasing land to hunters, read The Texas Deer Lease​.

Texas Agriculture Law
Read more at {Source}

 Search NewsTalk Texas