GLO releases Texas action plan for 2016 disaster recoveryGLO releases Texas action plan for 2016 disaster recoveryhttps://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/newstalk-texas/?Item=161062017-03-21T05:00:00Z2017-03-21T16:00:00Z

​​​​AUSTIN – Seventy-one Texas counties will share $222.2 million in Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

"Flood events in Texas over the past two years have had disastrous results in counties representing 76 percent of the state," said Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush. "Affected counties are home to nearly 21 million people—a total population greater than the populations of 48 states."

HUD identified Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris, Montgomery, and Newton as "Most Impacted Counties." They require an allocation of 80 percent of funds ($177.85 million). The remaining 20 percent ($44.5 million), will be allocated later. Cities, counties, and housing authorities in the declared areas are eligible to apply.

The plan is available for review online. The public and all stakeholders are encouraged to provide feedback.

Texas General Land Office
Infrastructure & Transportation
http://www.glo.texas.gov/the-glo/news/press-releases/2017/march/glo-announces-release-of-texas-action-plan-for-2016-disaster-recovery.htmlRead more at {Source}

 Search NewsTalk Texas