TEXAS – Dallas Fort Worth International Airport is one of the best in the world for on-time arrivals and departures.
Tokyo Haneda ranked first worldwide in on-time performance for major airports, at 87.5 percent.
Southwest Airlines ranked fifth and American ranked eighth in on-time flights last year among North American carriers, according to an OAG Punctuality League 2016 report.
In the United States, Detroit Metropolitan Airport ranked third overall at 84.6 percent on-time.
Other major U.S. airports to make the top 20 globally were Atlanta (4th), Minneapolis (5th), Seattle (6th), Phoenix (10th), Charlotte (11th), Denver (14th), Orlando (18th) and Las Vegas (19th).
Flights are counted as on-time if they are within 15 minutes of their scheduled arrival or departure.
The Top 10 North American airlines by on-time performance:
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 89.9 percent
2. Alaska Airlines, 86.1 percent
3. Delta Air Lines, 84.3 percent (Atlanta-based)
4. Westjet, 81.4 percent
5. Southwest Airlines, 81.1 percent (Dallas-based)
6. United Airlines, 80 percent (Chicago-based)
7. Sun Country, 79.1 percent
8. American Airlines, 78.4 percent
9. Frontier Airlines, 76.7 percent
10. Virgin America, 76.4 percent