'Honey do's! Do I need a permit?'Honey do's! Do I need a permit?https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/newstalk-texas/?Item=139972016-08-02T05:00:00Z2016-08-02T20:40:00Z

​​​​​​​​​AUSTIN - A building permit is required to “erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, improve, remove, convert, move or demolish” any building or structure within Austin’s zoning jurisdiction, according to the Austin Development Services Department. 

A trade permit for electrical, mechanical, plumbing or irrigation work is sometimes required depending on the scope of the project.

Texas counties have not been given general zoning authority by the state Legislature. 

Williamson County does not deal with as many issues related to site plans or building permits in unincorporated areas.

For residents in unincorporated areas of Travis County, building and development permits are required for any manmade changes to real estate, including structures; driveways; septic systems; or mining, dredging, filling, grading, paving, excavating, drilling or division of land.

Click to see the Do I Need a Permit guide (full PDF).​​

Community Impact Newspaper
Austin-Round Rock
https://communityimpact.com/austin/city-county/2016/07/27/do-i-need-a-permit-3/Read more at {Source}

 Search NewsTalk Texas