AUSTIN - Tower cranes and giant earth movers dominate Austin's rapidly changing landscape.
Here is a list of major projects that have recently registered with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations.
• The Home Depot Inc. appears to be investing big dollars in a new technology center at 13011 McCallen Pass now under construction as part of the Parmer business campus. The building, which is called Parmer 3.1, is about 190,000 sf and a mirror of the nearby Parmer 3.2 building. Home Depot is investing nearly $11 million at the McCallen Pass address. The project is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.
• Natera, the main tenant at Parmer 3.2, is spending $6.48 million on tenant improvements on its new lab space.
The genetics testing company is expected to bring about 400 jobs to Austin over the next several years. The buildout is scheduled to be completed in September.
• VanTrust Real Estate Services of Dallas is building five office/warehouse buildings in phases at Commerce Center South, 5811 Trade Center Dr. The 380,000-sf project is valued at $23 million. The buildings could be completed as early as March 2017.
• Hill Country Galleria investors in Bee Cave are constructing a building and garage with a total value of about $15.6 million at 13,215 Bee Cave Parkway. The project is scheduled to be finished in Feb. 2017.
• Crestview Station Phase III, a 353-unit multifamily community off North Lamar Blvd. near the MetroRail commuter rail station will break ground in Sept. The $38 million project should be finished in summer 2017.
• Austin-based Bunkhouse Group is moving ahead with Magdalena Hotel and Condominiums. The four-building compound will be built off Academy Dr. in South Austin. The $27.5 million project should be finished in fall 2017.
• Austin-based JTM Development LLC is breaking ground on a 56,700-sf office building and 225-car garage at 2500 Walsh Tarlton Ln. The $9.5 million project is scheduled to be completed in Feb. 2017.
• Two TownePlace Suites Marriott hotels are being constructed by two different developers.
TP Heritage Inn Austin is building a four-story, 103-room hotel at 13,501 Lyndhurst St. in far Northwest Austin. The project is valued at $8 million and should be complete by August 2017.
East Avenue Development LLC is building a four-story, 102-room hotel at 501 Parker Dr. in Round Rock. It's valued at $8.5 million.