|ABoR: Nov. 2015 Austin housing statistics ||ABoR: Nov. 2015 Austin housing statistics ||https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/newstalk-texas/?Item=11617||2015-12-23T06:00:00Z||2015-12-23T20:00:00Z|
AUSTIN - After increasing for five consecutive months, Austin-area home sales dipped 4 percent in November 2015 compared to the same month of the prior year, according to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) report released by the Austin Board of REALTORS® (ABoR).
This is the second decrease in home sales volume for 2015 to date, with the first decrease occurring in May 2015.
According to the report, the median price for Austin-area single-family homes increased 10 percent year-over-year to $270,000 in November 2015, setting a record for the month of November. Also setting a record for November, average price increased 12 percent to $347,292 during the same timeframe.
New listings increased by 1 percent and active listings increased by 3 percent year-over-year. Additionally, pending sales increased by 4 percent. Homes remained on the market for an average of 54 days in November 2015, one day less than November 2014.
Monthly housing inventory remained unchanged year-over-year at 2.4 months. Housing inventory remains at less than half of what the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University considers a balanced housing inventory level of approximately 6.5 months.
November 2015 Statistics
• 1,814 – Single-family homes sold, 4 percent less than November 2014.
• $270,000 – Median price for single-family homes, 10 percent more than November 2014.
• $347,292 – Average price for single-family homes, 12 percent more than November 2014.
• 54 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, one day less than November 2014.
• 2,095 – New single-family home listings on the market, 1 percent more than November 2014.
• 5,703 – Active single-family home listings on the market, 3 percent more than November 2014.
• 1,965 – Pending sales for single-family homes, 4 percent more than November 2014.
• 2.4 – Months of inventory* of single-family homes, unchanged compared to November 2014.
• $629,987,688 – Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 8 percent more than November 2014.
|Austin Board of Realtors||Austin-Round Rock||Housing|| http://www.abor.com/statsnov15/|
To see more data on the Austin housing market, visit Market Research.